Easter Egg

Manual to Easter Eggs.

How to create Easter Egg

There are two options how to create EasterEgg. By in-game UI or Manually in the confiuration file. Both have some restrictions, so if you want use some advanced methods you will need to use combination of them.

Using in-game UI

I recommend to watch SettingUp Tutorial to EggHunt.

To open SetUp UI type /Easter SetUp

To open Settings UI type /Easter Settings

Manually in the file

Configuration file EasterEgg.yml is located at main folder of Egghunt plugin.

Template for the one Easter Egg

EGG_1:
  Name:
    EN: Unicorn Egg
  Description:
    EN: Unicorn
  Hint:
    EN: []
  Rarity: EPIC
  Icon:
    Material: MONSTER_EGG
    MaterialData: 55
    CustomModelData: 0
    Enchantment: false
    Color: 255:255:255
    ItemFlags:
    - HIDE_ENCHANTS
    - HIDE_ATTRIBUTES
  Condition:
    DateTimeRange:
      Active: false
      Start: 01.04.2023 00:00
      End: 02.04.2023 00:00
  Reward:
    List:
    - RewardKey_1
    ChoiceType: QUICK__ALL
  VisibilityZone: 5
  Requirement:
    CollectedEgg:
      Count: 1
  Particle:
    Active: true
    TickDelay: 13
    Data:
      Effect: SPELL_WITCH
      Amount: 35

Explanation of variables

Name, Description and Hint support multi-localization

Name:
  EN: "Unicorn Egg"
  SK: "Vajรญฤko Jednoroลพca"

Rarity

Rarity is not recommended to use, but you can differ what egg has higher value. Also you can create requirements using Rarity. (E.g. Collect 3 EPIC Eggs.)

If you want to change rarity names of create more/less rarities. Edit CustomValue.yml , GUI.yml and Localization file.

Icon

Setting up icon is recommended through in-game UI. It is used at Album, Locations and Admin UI for better recognition between each other eggs.

Condition

To increase rarity and also activity on your server, you can place a condition when is able to find Easter Egg. Players have to visit server and find egg in specified date-time range. Before and after this range, Egg won't be able to find.

Requirements

Before finding that egg, player has to meet requirements. If player meets requiremenets, egg is spawned at location. You can combine these three requirements as you wish.

Examples:

Player has to find specified Egg.

Requirement:
  CollectedEgg:
    Key: "EGG_1" #Key of the egg.

Player has to find at least one Egg.

Requirement:
  CollectedEgg:
    Count: 1

Player has to find at least 2 eggs from COMMON rarity and one EPIC.

Requirement:
  CollectedEgg:
    RarityCount:
    - "COMMON:2"
    - "EPIC"

VisibilityZone

How near(in blocks) has to be player to spawn egg.

VisibilityZone: 20

Particle

Particles are spawning around the spawned Easter Egg. You can keep them active or disable them. Also you can change Effect, Color, Speed and Amount.

Particle:
  Active: true
  TickDelay: 13 #How fast particles are spawned. (20 ticks = 1 second)
  Data:
    Effect: SPELL_WITCH
    Amount: 35
    Speed: 1.0 #Optional, Default 1.0
    Color: "255:255:255" #Optional, Default White
    Offest: #Optional, Offset from EasterEgg's location. (Vector)
      X: .5
      Y: .5
      Z: .5

Reward

Choice Types:

  • QUICK_ALL - All assigned rewards are given to player

  • QUICK_CHANCE - One reward is selected from assigned list by probability

Example for probability. DiamondTools has 90% chance, MoneyPocket has 10% chance to win.

Summary of probability at assinged rewards has to be 100.0! Otherwise, system won't work correctly!

Reward:
  List:
  - DiamondTools:90.0
  - MoneyPocket:10.0
  ChoiceType: QUICK_CHANCE

Testing the Easter Egg

At detail of the Easter Egg, at bottom of the UI, there is a Redstone Dust. By click on it, you can test the claiming. All Rewards assigned to this egg will be given to you. (No Database query/update will be executed.)

Available through Settings and Easter Egg Repository.

Finally

After successful setting up of the eggs, you need to reload the plugin to load new rewards.

To reload the whole plugin type /EggHunt Reload

Last updated